Thursday, May 8, 2014

With all my mite!

Being a missionary is hard work. There are days that seem to drag on. Rejection is inevitable. Some days my feet hurt from walking, while other days I can't wait to get out of the car.

So why would I want to be a Mormon missionary?

Because this kind of work makes me happier than anything else this world has to offer.

You might think I'm crazy. Maybe I am.

 It's just that there is something about serving God and his children that brings me an unexplainable amount of pure joy. I want to serve because I love my savior, Jesus Christ. I want to serve Him with all my might! Sometimes I feel like what I have to offer isn't good enough. But then Christ teaches us about a woman who didn't have much, but gave everything she had...


41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
 42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
 43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

 
This widow helped me to put things into perspective a little bit. I may only be a 20 year old girl who laughs all the time and doesn't feel like she ever knows what she's doing, but I can give what I have and who I am to the Lord. I've been blessed with the talents that He has given me, and I can use them to help serve His children.
 
So when I start thinking about how hard life is as a missionary, I can remind myself about this widow's example and work hard to serve God with all my mite!

No comments:

Post a Comment